Courgette Frittata Recipe
Courgette Frittata is really tasty and this recipe is a great way to help use a glut of courgettes. Use as many courgettes as you like!
- 2 x Onions
- 6 x Eggs
These quantities are for a 10 inch frying pan, I use 2 eggs in a 7 inch pan. It is an easy recipe to scale down for smaller frying pans.
- Slice the onions and lightly saute in olive oil with a little chopped garlic, black pepper and sea salt.
- Add plenty of sliced courgettes to the onions and continue cooking until the courgettes soften but don’t let the courgettes go too soft.
- Whisk the eggs then add to the courgette and onion mixture. Cook over a low light taking care not to burn the base of the frittata.
- When the base of the frittata is set place the frying pan under the grill to set the top of the eggs.
- For a change you can sprinkle grated cheese or sliced tomatoes on the top before placing under the grill.
- It is great served with sausages. Enjoy!!