Tomato Soup Recipe
This recipe makes a tasty tomato soup that the whole family will love and enjoy. Even non vegetable eaters love it, try it out because you might be surprised at just how good this one tastes.
- 700 g (one and a half pound) fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 275 ml (10 fl oz) stock
- One and a half tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato diced small
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make It
- Saute the potato and onion gently in the olive oil for about 12 minutes until softened but not brown.
- Quarter the tomatoes leaving the skins on and add them to the pan along with the garlic and the basil.
- Add the stock and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Next pass the soup through a sieve to remove the skins and seeds. This can take a while but is worth it.
- Check the seasoning, reheat and serve with crusty bread.